[3830] ARRL SS CW W8CAR SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW W8CAR SO LP
From: w8car@lrbcg.com (w8car@lrbcg.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:32:55 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: W8CAR
Operator(s): W8CAR
Station: W8CAR

Class: SO LP
Section: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 23:15
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:    204
   40:    435
   20:    146
   15:     44
   10:     53
-------------------------------
Total:    882 x     80  =  141,120

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

First attempt at SO2R with 2 computer controlled radios. My programming needs
work but the computer, NA10.50 and radios worked fine ! Relearned that if you
have the NB on one radio it makes it sound like mush because of
overload-figured that out on the 706 with about 4 hours of time left. The
second radio made it sort of fun to search for mults and other stations not
worked yet. I have to digest the log but guess I had about 15 mults QSOs on
second radio with maybe 20 more QSOs beyond that

Had a sweep at 1505Z and why is NNY so hard to find? Don't any hams live there?
Good wx here-no T-storms. Only strange occurence was a brief power outage that
left the op stunned as all his toys stopped looking pretty and became dark and
lifeless. I covered the few steps between the second floor and the fuse box in
less time than you could work a station. Turns out the power came back on all
by itself! didnt lose a contact in the log and thank goodness for batch files
(just type GO!)

Had lots of fun pressing F1 and changing bands and trying different antennas.
Hit the wall with about 45 minutes of op time left and decided the rate on the
pillow would be better than working 2 more people. Dan W8CAR