[3830] ARRL SS CW VE6EX SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW VE6EX SO LP
From: nancy.grant@bissett.com (nancy.grant@bissett.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 20:48:48 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: SO LP
Section: AB
Operating Time (hrs): ~17

  160:
   80:      2
   40:    160
   20:    144
   15:    254
   10:    131
-------------------------------
Total:    691 x     74  =  101,676

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

Guys, Gals and Jr. ops:

   A great time had here in Calgary this SS. Sorry to all those who were missed
but maybe suspected in the heavy qrm; ve5sf, maybe Lee, ve7cc and especially to

Jay, VY1JA who was deluged by the hunters when he called. Sorry Jay, they were
loud.

    The Rig::: 1947 Harvey Wells TBS50 at 50w input (maybe 25 out). I'm sure
many recognized the **distinctive** sound on 10m HI! Homemade vfo.(All tubes)

    The Rcvr::: Homemade and mostly a Hammarlund SP600JX (~1952) with xtal
converter
for the higher bands. ~ 22 tubes and a 3 pole xtal homemade filter, yes the
dynamic range was not quite contest quality HI!

    The Ant:::  A random length dipole fed with twinlead and link coupled
tuners
to work the bands; hung from the fir trees with the ends bent down, 85'top.

    And of course flawless logging by **TRLOG**; the new 6.54 + plus a homemade
interface for cathode keying on the 807. Some of the first q's were with my
ts850s, but it just was'nt the same, and changed to, "Hollow State" after a bit
  My ears are still ringing HI!!.  sent; @ #a \ 58 ab.

  Thanks for the many calls, Dan VE6EX..