[3830] ARRL SS CW K5ZD SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW K5ZD SO HP
From: k5zd@contesting.com (k5zd@contesting.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:08:43 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO HP
Section: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:    122
   40:    354
   20:    374
   15:    344
   10:     76
-------------------------------
Total:   1270 x     80  =  203,200

Club: YCCC

Comments:

My 24th year in a row with over 1000 QSOs in SS CW!

Still my favorite contest, even though New England is not the optimum place to
work it from.  Operating quality was above average.  Finding frequencies was
easier than normal - no doubt because so many bands were open at the same time.
 Was nice to have skip so short that I could work stations 200 miles away on
20m!  Even 15m produced loud signals from stations in Ohio (only 600 miles
away).

The only problem was activity seemed to be down.  We didn't get the usual
influx of new stations in the final hours.  The contest just ground to a halt.
No answers to CQs and couldn't find anyone to work when I tuned around.

See you next year!