[3830] CQWW SSB N5ZC SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N5ZC SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: rthorne@tcac.net (rthorne@tcac.net)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:32:28 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: N5ZC
Operator(s): N5ZC
Station: N5ZC

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:    500     33    113
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    500     33    113  =  202,648

Club/Team:

Comments:

Ran this contest via remote control with the Kachina 505dsp and Acom 2000a Amp.

Thought I had all the kinks worked out until now. Static now plagues the lower
tribander.  Went to the office and switched the WX0B stack match to the top
antenna only which solved the problem.  I have power lines about 70' to the
north and 70' to the south of the tower.  We had lots of moisture prior to the
contest which I beleive is causing the problems.

I have things fixed now where I can remotely control the WX0B statck match from
home.  So if static comes up I can choose the top antenna from home instead of
driving to the office.