[3830] WAEDC RTTY - SOAB - 5B4/G0DEZ

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAEDC RTTY - SOAB - 5B4/G0DEZ
From: dez@cytanet.com.cy (Dez in Cyprus)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:34:50 +0200
WAEDC RTTY Contest

Call used: 5B4/G0DEZ
Location:  Nr. Famagusta

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, Low Power

Band    QSOs   Pts  QTCs Mults
80        13    13     0     9
40        38    38     0    20
20       124   124   120    31
15       170   170   290    36
10       170   170   260    39
-----   ----  ----  ----  ----
Total    515   515   670   135
--------------------------------------

Club Participation: Chiltern DX Club, - CDXC

Claimed Score: 364980

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.4f

Transceiver: Kenwood TS-870

Power Output: 50 Watts

Antennas: 20m - 1/4 wave vertical
          Other bands - multiband doublet at 30 ft

Comments: Real problems on 40m - computer kept crashing every time
          I tried 40m (even with 5 watts). Eventually got on that band
          with 60 minutes of the contest remaining and got my best rate!
          Overall there were plenty of stations to work and exchange QTC's.
          LZ3RR/QRP was impressive typing his QTC's by hand.
          Big surprise was J7 calling me on 40m with 25 minutes to go.
          Thanks to all for QSO's and QTC's.
          Should have my new call - 5B4AGW for next contest.

Call  5B4/G0DEZ

E-mail: dez@cytanet.com.cy