[3830] ARRL SS CW W6YX Multi-Op

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW W6YX Multi-Op
From: dwood@cisco.com (dwood@cisco.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:46:30 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH, W6LD, N6DE
Station: W6YX

Class: Multi-Op
Section: SCV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     49
   40:    221
   20:    276
   15:    264
   10:    421
-------------------------------
Total:   1231 x     80  =  196,960

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We were quite pleased with our results.  The low 10m and 15m
monobanders at 25-35' performed as well as, or better than, our
bigger and higher monobanders.  We are not sure whether to be
happy about the performance of the low antennas, or suspicious
about our larger antennas.

John and I were very happy to see Mike N7MH again.  He had
great hours on 10m at the start of the contest.  One funny moment
came about two hours into the contest when John W6LD noticed
that the amplifier was not functioning!  On this amplifier wired for
110V, we believe that the fuse blew when driving the amp
to 1000W on 10m.  Luckily, John found a spare fuse, replaced it,
and we limited the output to 800W without any further problems.
There was no telling how long Mike was running on 10m with
50-75W.  It sure didn't seem to affect the rate much!

We are looking forward to the SS SSB weekend.

73...
-Dean - N6DE