[3830] ARRL SS SSB K0GQ Multi-Op

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB K0GQ Multi-Op
From: km0l@tfs.net (km0l@tfs.net)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:08:39 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: K0GQ
Operator(s): K0OU, KC0DEA, KC0ELZ, N0EVH, N0XI
Station: K0OU

Class: Multi-Op
Section: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 23:56

  160:      0
   80:    148
   40:    442
   20:    377
   15:    246
   10:    115
-------------------------------
Total:   1328 x     80  =  212,480

Club: Raytown Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

The local club got together a made a club project out of this. A good exercise
for the guys. We made some of the bust rates this station has ever made in SS.
Had fun. However, the ops all made it over Saturday, and then left it to me to
do alone Sunday. Worked out ok I guess since the S&P radio couldn't find anyone
we hadn't already worked. I spent all day Sunday, therefor, calling CQ, after I
got our sweep at 16:19 courtesy of VO1WET on 15 meters.
We started out with the smaller station (TS-930 to a vert) calling CQ on 20
while the larger station (TS-940 to C4SXL at 65') did S7P on 10 to try to knock
off the tough ones early. This strategy worke as we had KP4, KP2, KL7, KH6, and

NWT (VY1MB) all worked in the first hour! Made for a fun contest.
Thanks to all for the Q's and we will see you in the next one.
73 de K0OU Steve in KC