[3830] K7MM ARRL SS SSB SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K7MM ARRL SS SSB SO QRP
From: ransom@pullman.cc (Daniel L. Ransom)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:24:36 -0800
ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 2000

      Call:      K7MM
      Category:  Single Op QRP        All Band SSB
      Section:   EWA

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

       80        5       10        -
       40       13       26        -
       20       87      174        -
       15       21       42        -
       10        7       14        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    133      266       57

               Score:  15,162

In the middle of moving, I slapped up the old HF-6V after a trip to the
hardware store for four feet of chain link fence 1 3/8 inch top rail.  (This
pipe works great for mounting the Butternut vertical.)  Waded through the
mud and snow in my frozen new backyard, pounded the pipe in the ground, cut
off the mushroomed top 6 inches of the pipe, and slipped in the HF-6V.  Ran
verticals, and put on two PL-259s.  Ran to work to grab a borrowed rig
(thanks N7CE, Ron!) and put the station back on after 1.5 years of silence.

Only about 5 hours of activity, though, since I had to heft and unpack
boxes.  SS and moving don't mix!

It's good to be back.  Gotta love SS!

A 7-foot hole in the backyard is waiting for the tower base and concrete.  C
U next year with decent antennas!

Dan   K7MM

ransom@pullman.cc