[3830] ARRL SS SSB N5FPW SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB N5FPW SO LP
From: larry@grove-ent.com (larry@grove-ent.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:40:12 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: N5FPW
Operator(s):
Station: N5FPW

Class: SO LP
Section: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:      0
   80:     19
   40:     71
   20:    108
   15:     69
   10:     43
-------------------------------
Total:    310 x     76  =  47,120

Club:

Comments:

Had a snow storm hit us late Saturday morning, early afternoon. It was one of
those wet,heavy storms. We live in a rural section of NC and the power lines
aren't the best in the world. Everytime we would get a wind gust the power
would flicker just enough to interrupt the exchange (mine or theirs). To all
the stations I worked during the period thanks for your patience. Your all
saints for hanging in there.

As for multipliers I only needed NL/NWT-Canada (hrd both but couldn't penetrate
the pile ups and AL/SFL -- US. Wish I could have gotten AL to at least made WAS
during the contest. Guess the SFL bunch were to busy counting votes to hit the
airwaves. ;-)

This was my first SS and I had a ball and did completed my WAS (got Delaware
finally). Plus I did make a huge dent towards my 5BWAS.