[3830] ARRL SS SSB N9HCA SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB N9HCA SO HP
From: N9HCA@ARRL.NET (N9HCA@ARRL.NET)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:15:23 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: N9HCA
Operator(s): N9HCA
Station: N9HCA

Class: SO HP
Section: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 21.75

  160:
   80:
   40:    212
   20:    513
   15:     18
   10:     21
-------------------------------
Total:    764 x     80  =  122,240

Club: NONE

Comments:

I am very happy to have reached my goal of a CLEAN SWEEP!
This was my first attemp at this contest. It is lots of fun because I
was able to hold a spot in the band. It is very difficult for me to hold
a frequency in the DX Contest. It was also fun having people call me!
I had a problem with my computer at the start of the contest and did not
get started till the first hour was complete. It was frustrating hearing
the big numbers when I was on contact #1. That was not my only problem with
this contest. I had my shoulder operated on 2 weeks before the contest. I
was trying to log everything with my left hand (I happen to be right handed)
but could not keep up the pace. I took some pain pills and used both hands.
What is with the people that like to throw carriers at you? They must have
nothing better to do.
To sum it up, it was lots of fun. I look forward to starting on time next year.
Station: Yaesu FT-920, Ameritron AL-811 amp, and a 3 element triband beam.