[3830] CQWW CW OE5OHO SO HP AB Assisted (+ Story, +Comment on Spots)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OE5OHO SO HP AB Assisted (+ Story, +Comment on Spots)
From: oe5oho@hotmail.com (Oliver Huber)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:03:23 -0000

This is the result of the 2000 CQWW CW:

  CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 2000

      Call:      OE5OHO                                 ON-TIME: nearly 13h
      Category:  Single Operator HP AB Assisted

      160       49       58     1.18      6      21
       80       55       60     1.09      7      23
       40      232      377     1.62     16      52
       20       74      156     2.11     17      33
       15      371      840     2.26     24      52
       10      500     1314     2.63     21      53

     Totals   1281     2805     2.19     91     234  =>  911,625

Equipment Description:

Club Affiliation: BCC (Bavarian Contest Club)

COMMENT:

Due to QRL on Saturday and a new "family computer" I was active on Sunday
for nearly 13h. First I planned to hand out a few points - turned out I was
hooked again by the CQWW-phenomenon!

I couldn`t resist and began on 40m at about 8:00 utc running north and
central America for an hour - signals were fine (OE-SR=6:25utc!!). Then
I jumped to 10m and ran Asia, decreasing QRG to catch Asia on 15 and
later 20m, jumped back to 10 and prepared to run USA. I was surprised by
the masses who called me on 10m long time after sunset in OE! W6 and 7
had very bad flutter, I saw someone asking for Aurora on the cluster... We
might have had some solar activity :-(

I did run 10m dry and went for 15m. Enjoyed the run there and then I had
to pass points to my BCC colleagues at CN8WW - QSYed 80m and immediately
to 160m. They had good ears and their signal was a pleasure. Having no Q`s
on Topband I started running - until OE5KE called me and told me A61AJ
would be on 160. We had a small ragchew and after I started to run again
A61AO was calling me :-) Wow - Jamal must have heard us chatting about A61AJ
(also we were using German) and then he supplied the needed multiplier
himself :-) THANKS.

After a while I went for a run on 80m which produced some other mults -
wwwonly problem was that I was "a bit" too late for 20m, the band was
closing,
couldn`t establish a run there to NA (probably everyone was aiming antennas
south or to Asia, hi). Finally I approached 40m and made some more 100 QSO.

After dinner and some (none-technical) unexpected breaks during the day I
decided at 21:00 utc to get myself "2m-horizontal polarised" (I went to
bed) :-)

Thanks for all who called me and made my day!

Vy 73 es cu in the next contest,

                                 de Oliver...

PS: Well, I have one thing to add:

               PLEASE, listen listen and then listen
               again - as every year I saw some OE5OsO spots *ARRGH*

1st (fortunately) there is _NO_ oe5oSo. so you really can delete oe5oso from
    your MASTER.DAT files!

2nd did you know that MASTER.DAT - yes, the callsigndatabase you (might) use

-
    does contain mistakes? why? because a couple of logs are merged together
    and _all_ mistakes of these logs are in there!!

3rd all things like "sending the H at lower speed" etc. don`t work - there
    are enough people out there who still copy "S" and a few complaining
    about the stuttering CW, hi...

So once more - if you feel like you heard "S" - listen listen and then
listen
again and if you`re still not sure _ask me_ ! I will send you my call QRS,
no
problem...

THANKS to KC1XX and others who spotted my call _correct_ after they realized
someone´s made a mistake!

updated LOGSEARCH -----> http://www.qsl.net/oe5oho

      ... One of the BCC ...
Visit:  http://www.qsl.net/oe5oho