[3830] ARRL160 K2AXX SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 K2AXX SO HP
From: k2axx@arrl.net (k2axx@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 19:39:46 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K2AXX
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:     923     71       14      =  160735

Club/Team: Rochester DX Association

Comments:

Lost some CRITICAL time Friday night. Inverted L series cap blew, didn't have
immediate replacement (80hr/2200Z - usually 130-150/hr) and didn't get back til
0000Z at full power. Can't make up those QSOs you lose. Found the beverage nor
the RX loop (my horse pasture fence!) were effective most of the weekend. Snow
static Friday night made things worse. ecchhh. . I'll stop crying now!

Usual bread-and-butter EU just wasn't there, or at least I didn't hear it.
Worked a whopping 4 EU, where last year over 70! Saturday night better - VK6HD
and KH6ND were just plain loud. Missed WTX,SJV,ID,ND,SD,MAR (heard VE1ZZ in DX
window - was good neighbor and didn't call him)NL,NWT and AK.

Score went way down. Still had fun - heard LOTS of guys really racking them up.

GL - see y'all next year (with my antennas working right, hopefully!)

Mark, K2AXX