[3830] ARRL10 N5RZ SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 N5RZ SO Mixed HP
From: rbowen@iglobal.net (rbowen@iglobal.net)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:06:16 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WTX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:    520     89
  SSB:    863     65
----------------------
Total:   1383    154  =  586,124

Club:

Comments:

A part time effort -- too many commitments this weekend to put in a full
effort.  Got on for about 2 hours Sat afternoon/evening barefoot on CW, and
fired up the Alpha 99 on Sunday for about 3 hours of code in the morning & 5
hours of SSB in the afternoon. Had a problem with my TS850S receiver in CQWWCW
at HC8, but it performed flawlessly this weekend - compared receive side by
side with the FT1000D, and no difference.After years of using the FT1000D, I am
leaning toward the TS850S as my main radio. And the Alpha 99?  An awesome amp -
sure hate to see them out of production.

Installed a K1EA DVP VoiceKeyer I picked a few months back late Saturday Night
-- sure made operating SSB more pallatable (sp?). Got some great audio reports,
so it seemed to be doing fine.

I agree with K6LL - there sure is some nasty wide buckshot audio from some well
known calls.

Thanks to all for the QSO's and Happy Holidays to all!

73, Gator  N5RZ