[3830] ARRL10 NX5M M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 NX5M M/S HP
From: nx5m@arrl.net (nx5m@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:43:45 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): N5XJ, KB5ZFO, K1OJ, NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   CW:   1195    138
  SSB:   1908    150
----------------------
Total:   3103    288  =  2,477,952

Club: YEGUA VALLEY CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Had to use a different approach this year due to operator attendance.  Spent
most of Saturday on SSB and most of Sunday on CW.  Two of the operators never
made it....seems to always happen.
Band did not seem to be near as good as it was last year and we did not get the
E opening Friday and Saturday night as we did last year.  Last years net qso
total after 0200z for both nights was over 600.....this year it was 54.
I was surprised to have VK5GN answer my cq on CW at 1030pm local Saturday
night.  JJ3YBB was also copyable beaming due south from here at about the same
time.
The multiplier total was exactly what it was last year.  I really thought that
number would have been larger this year.  Several mults never were worked
simply because there was not an opportunity to qrx the run station to try to
work them.  It is hard to stop running when the rate is maintained at over 200
per hour.
The most interesting qso over the weekend was made by one of the ops here who
had selected an open port on a switchbox.  I dont remember who he worked but he
did it with NO antenna connected. "I did not even notice the swr warning
light", he said.  Guess I should have labeled that port as NIL antenna.

We all had a good time.....afterall, that is what it is all about.
Thanks to everyone for the qsos.
"YOU", the people who dial the bands and work everyone......are the real reason
contests are a success. I applaud you!

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season and we will see you in 2001.