[3830] ARRL10 ZL6QH M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 ZL6QH M/S HP
From: w.knol@niwa.cri.nz (w.knol@niwa.cri.nz)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:12:38 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: ZL6QH
Operator(s): JF3KNW ZL2BSJ
Station: ZL6QH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Wellington
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   CW:    976    112
  SSB:    161     38
----------------------
Total:   4226    150  =  633,900

Club: Wellington ARC

Comments:

QSL via: ZL2AOH, bureau or CBA: Ralph Sutton, 12-C Herbert Gardens, 186 The
Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand.

Equipment Description: FT1000MP, FL2100 (blew up),  AL811 (suppressors cooked)

Wire beams: Rhombic (Eu & JA), 3 x Vee Beam (W), 2x Vee (Eu), 1x Vee (VK/Asia)

Comment:

The band seemed lively, good signals all around, but I felt it wasn't
quite as good as in the CQWW-CW, or the year before. No long path into Eu or
Af this time. Also, no evidence of solar activity.

We had a slow start....SSB was a bit like flogging a dead horse with a
broken whip... It got old, quickly. Thus, the voice keyer was made
redundant, and we ended up doing a semi-single mode :-)

The Vintage Radio Society Annual Picnic took place at the ZL6QH site on
the Sunday. I was worried about my CQs flattening the beautifully
hand-crafted crystal sets, or spot-welding the cat's whiskers. Last year,
a regenerative receiver put me off the air. So...it was decided to
vacate the premises for a while.

Many thanks to visiting JA DX-er Nobu JF3KNW, for doing an 18 hour stint
(including the graveyard shift!) only hours before flying out.

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ