[3830] ARRL10 W1SJ SO SSB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 W1SJ SO SSB HP
From: w1sj@arrl.net (w1sj@arrl.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:47:01 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 26

   CW:
  SSB:   2366    145
----------------------
Total:   2366    145  =  686,140

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

I was disappointed because I expected conditions to peak better than last year
and it didn't! Northern paths seemed to be very attenuated.  Very few LA, SM,
OH and UA9 in the log.  All the KL7's were weak.  Saturday and Sunday, band
promtply dropped dead at 0000 just like someone thrown a switch! Fortunately,
this allowed me an easy segue into nighttime family and social life!
Hey, but the big hours into Europe and U.S. were still there and it was still a
ball!  Watch - next year we will expect conditions to drop and it might be
better than this year!