[3830] ARRL10 W6YX M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 W6YX M/S HP
From: mikeh@airflash.com (mikeh@airflash.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 22:12:21 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): W6LD,N7MH,KE6FZF
Station:

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 29

   CW:   1293    126
  SSB:   1513    121
----------------------
Total:   2806    247  =  2,027,376

Club: NCCC

Comments:

Equipment:
FT1000MP+Alpha77, IC761+Alpha77, TR-Log 6.54
6 el Telrex @ 70', 5 el HyGain 105CA @ 30', KLM KT34XA @ 60',
Mosley PRO67A @ 60'

The driven element of our KT34XA loosened on the boom and after being rotated a
few times ended up vertical.  It still loaded OK, but was essentially a
vertical at 60 feet.  It seemed to be the best antenna for working the locals
after the band went out in the evening and was also useful for calling stations
that no other antenna was pointed at.

We had a great time with the fast rates.  We were surprised to work 10 ZS
stations, mostly calling us.  We worked a lot more countries in the CQWW
contests on 10 meters, both because there were more countries on and because
the propagation was better.

-Mike, N7MH