[3830] Stew Perry N7WA SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Stew Perry N7WA SO LP
From: mwdink@eskimo.com (mwdink@eskimo.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:59:11 -0500 (EST)
                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N7WA
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO LP
Grid Square: CN87
Operating Time (hrs):

QSOs:   56  Score: 191

Club:

Comments:

Strange contest... I build new coaxial inverted -L as in CQ magazine. Works
great!.
I get on after dusk and hear a French station (Can't work 'em but I could hear
'em!).
Came back later and actually started contesting. The 2nd person I called told
me I was a dupe and wasn't taking NO for an answer. That set the tone for the
night - no real dx, no real rate, just a contact here and there. No real spark
at all. Went to bed after 11PM local. Did an hour in the morning - still not
much on. I guess it was better than last year. This contest needs a sunspot
minimum or
something. I love the contest - grid squares for points is great. See you next
year.
Hopefully, I'll have a 160M antenna up before the contest starts next time.
73
dink