[3830] ARRL160 N6WG SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 N6WG SO QRP
From: n6wg@earthlink.net (n6wg@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:46:34 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SO QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

Total:     140     22        1      =  6160

Club/Team:

Comments:

This was my second ARRL 160m contest.  Had a geat time.  Made 10% more QSOs,
but just barely beat last year's score by 40 points.  Had to do it by brute
force, as I just couldn't quite reach some of the sections I worked last year.

You could plot my coverage circle on a map.  BC, WA, ID, MT, WY, CO, AZ, plus
HI across the salt water.  I chased three stations in NM through most of the
test, and never got even a ? out of them.  Guess they were on the other side of
the line. :-)

The Flag receiving antenna worked out well, and was my primary receiving
antenna facing east.  I used a tuned loop for the N-S path.  It's null was very
good.  A Utah station that was loud on the Flag was very weak on the tuned
loop.

Looking foreward to trying the CQ WW 160m contest for the first time.
73, Bob N6WG
Newark, CA on SF Bay
East Bay section