[3830] TBDC HA1AG/QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TBDC HA1AG/QRP
From: ha1ag@compuserve.com (Zoli Pitman HA1AG)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 22:49:54 +0100
             STEW PERRY TOPBAND DISTANCE CHALLENGE -- 2000

      Call:      HA1AG
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     QRP (2-4W)
      Country:   Hungary

      BAND     QSO     QSO PTS

      160       67       141
     -------------------------------
     Total:    141 x 4 = 564 points

Best DX: RW4PL (LO45) and 4X3A (KM71) both 5 pointers

Op time: 5 hours (2007-0107)

Equipment Description: FT1000MP, 7m tall vertical

Remarks: It was a great fun to operate this contest. Unfortunately the
         core I found to make up a transformer could not handle more
         power. The same place will host a 26m tall vertical next year.

         When I ran out of workable stations around midnight I started to
         call CQ on 1824 and was stunned to get called immediately... hi

         I was amazed by the receiving ability of G3SXW, 8S5X, DK2OY,
         PA3AAV and PA1AT. I worked them with 1W. The short vertical
         over a good ground system makes an excellent RX ant. This is what
         I heard between 2000Z and 01:00Z: JH1GNU, VK6VZ, JA0RUG,
         JA6BYI (599+), UA9CDV, UA9CDC, EA8/OH2BYS, JH4UYB, JE4VVM, JA3FYC,
         JA4DND (599), JI4LOR, JA4DEN, HL3IUA (599), JE6IBJ, TA3D, NB1B,
         K3JJG, UN7EX, RX9AX.

Club Affiliation: HADXC

                             Zoli Pitman HA1AG (signed)

MAILING ADDRESS: Zoli Pitman