[3830] AGCW HNY - HA1AG - LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AGCW HNY - HA1AG - LP
From: ha1ag@compuserve.com (Zoli Pitman HA1AG)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 22:40:01 +0100
             AGCW HAPPY NEW YEAR CONTEST -- 2000

      Call:      HA1AG
      Category:  100W
      Country:   Hungary
      AGCW Nr:   1711

      BAND     QSO     MULTIPLIERS

       80       16        5
       40      118       45
       20       34        4
     -------------------------------
     Total:    168   x   54 = 9072 points

Equipment: FT1000MP

Antenna: 80m, 40m:  Dipole
         20m:       3 ele Yagi

Remarks: It was a great fun to operate this contest. The activity
         exceeded my most optimist expectations. Thanks for Felix
         DL5XL for reminding me to this contest and thanks for my
         father HA1UF for letting me turning his tidy station
         upside down after getting home from party at 7 AM...

         Being a member makes life difficult! I had to struggle
         with the 4-digit membership number every time, and it
         seems being a mult can't compensate this against the
         non-members. (168 times 4 seconds = 672 seconds = 11
         minutes, which could have yielded an other 11 QSO) ;-))

         I wasted 3 minutes trying to break a pileup on a 599+
         DL8QS on 14023.6. Then I realized he was working on
         7011.9. When I told him he said TU and continued...

                             Zoli Pitman HA1AG (signed)

MAILING ADDRESS: Zoli Pitman
                 Somogyi Bela ut 18
                 9024 Gyor