[3830] NAQP CW K4OJ(@W1CW) SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4OJ(@W1CW) SO
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (k4oj@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:31:02 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: K4OJ
Operator(s): K4OJ
Station: W1CW

Class: SO LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:     36     18
   80:    101     37
   40:    188     47
   20:    104     39
   15:    146     44
   10:     89     37
----------------------
Total:    664    222  =  147,408

Club/Team: Florida Contest Group "Dubya and the Dimpled Chads"

Comments:

I had a lot of fun...coached my Dad ('George') on using "NA" while he ran on
20, NICE RATE, Dad!

Coached My Mom (DBA 'Katherin') on using NA while I tried to talk to Dad throgh
the window - he was stringing an Inverted "L" for 160 operations later.

The inverted L finally started working once I realised the reason it wouldn't
dip was that the rig was set in "split VFO" mode and was transmitting on 28MHz
when key down - oooops!

As you probably could tell the Florida Contest Group had an "operating
activity" agenda for this past weekend, by signing Chad or a Presidential Race
Related" team name we got the troups rallied - and about a 50% turnout of club
members!  Only gripes seemed to be from guys who wanted the 'default' name in
their software to be their logging input - they seemed upset when asked to
actually copy something different!

Apologies to WE9V! Many correctly guessed this weekends FCG agenda - congrats
to K1VUT for first correct guess!

Andm, finally, sincere congrats to Al (N2NL) for beating "Dubya" (K4OJ) in
Florida, then again mebbe we should have a recount! Especially since he took my
olde record!!

If you worked 25 or more Florida Contest Group members in the NAQP CW please
watch for the posting on CQ-Contest - you qualified for a certificate!

Thanks to all who QSY'd - especially ZF2NT - he is very quick!

Dubya