[3830] NAQP CW K6LA SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K6LA SO
From: K6LA@gtemail.net (K6LA@gtemail.net)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:43:33 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: SO LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:     15     10
   80:     83     38
   40:    194     48
   20:    236     52
   15:    226     51
   10:    177     47
----------------------
Total:    931    246  =  229,026

Club/Team: SCCC#1

Comments:

This was my first 10 hour CW NAQP in a while, which I only got to do because my
daughter's all-star soccer game was called for wet grounds. It was my first
time over 200,000, but not close to the top 10! Not enough QSOs on 10 meters to
beat the west coast guys and not enough mults on 160 to beat the midwest and
east coast guys.

Apart from the personal best, one main highlight was putting on the eadbuds
after an off-time and hearing JAY YT. Another highlight was getting my only 6
bander with  XE2MX (N6KI, op) via two 3 band moves.

73, Ken, K6LA