[3830] CQWW CW VE7F0 SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE7F0 SOAB LP
From: jimsmith@home.com (jimsmith@home.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:17:48 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: VE7F0
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 20:20

  160:
   80:
   40:     43      8      6
   20:    125     16     35
   15:    214     19     38
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    382     43     79  =  111,874

Club/Team:

Comments:

Just getting back into contesting after a hiatus of only 35 yrs or so.  Getting
more used to computerized logging.  This time I remembered to enter the
required time offset of 8 hours so log times would be in Z, not PST.
Unfortunately, I set it 8 hours the wrong way.  Between QSO 166 & 167 I closed
TRLog for some reason.  At QSO 215 I realized that had forgotten to save the
time offset so now everything is in PST.  Naturally, I changed the time offset
to 8 hours, still the wrong way.  At QSO 237 I realized that I was 16 hours off
GMT and fixed it.  Everything fine from then on.  After the contest I realized
I had over 200 Qs with the wrong times logged.  Not wanting to change them
manually, I decided to write a program to do it.  Anyone who has done any
programming and isn't one of those community college programming instructors
who can write a program for his toaster while eating his breakfast cereal will
understand why my log was submitted 45 minutes before the deadline.  Anyway,
the program works very well, will add or subtract any number of hours and
minutes, fixing the date as it goes, to any range or multiple ranges of QSO
numbers you specify and is very safe and easy to use.  If anyone wants a free
copy of it, e-mail me at jimsmith@home.com.  It only works with TRLog and is
written for Win 98.  I expect it will work in Win 95 and Win 2000 but I haven't
tested it.  The contest was fun too.