[3830] CQ160 CW W4ZV SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4ZV SO HP
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (btippett@alum.mit.edu)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 09:29:13 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: SO HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 26.6

QSOs: 1171  States/Provinces: 58  Countries: 52  Score: 457,820

Comments:

     Interesting to see the comments from up north about the first day being
best!  Here it was just the opposite.  Most of the EU stations worked the first
day were called since very few called me.  I heard guys running EU and could
just tell they were there...it sounded like a big absorption blanket was over
all the signals down here!  The second day was much better but signals were
still weak compared to bottom of the cycle conditons.  Thanks to all for the
QSO's and your patience as I struggled to dig out the calls.

                                                   73,  Bill  W4ZV