[3830] CQ160 CW KU8E SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KU8E SO LP
From: ku8e1@yahoo.com (ku8e1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:50:42 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SO LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): ~11

QSOs: 331  States/Provinces: 50  Countries: 11  Score: 50,935

Comments:

This is a frustrating contest to work as low power. Heard lots of DX that I
would call and they would CQ in my face. It was so frustrating that I didn't
get back on until EU sunrise on the 2nd night. Condx were much better then and
worked a bunch of EU stations with good signals. It was frustrating to hear all
the US and VE stations calling CQ in the DX window and near it. ( and their
signal would splatter into it because they were so close) It seems like the
offenders are the same people every contest... and many are well known
contesters. It would be nice if there was a better way.....

Equipment : Kenwood TS850S - 100 Watts , Inverted L (50ft of it vertical)