[3830] CQ160 CW W1NN SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1NN SO LP
From: japancorporateresearch@compuserve.com (japancorporateresearch@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 20:27:44 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SO LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): ?

QSOs: 218  States/Provinces: 41  Countries: 4  Score: 22,635

Comments:

Fun seeing how well I could do with 100 watts and a dipole at 15 feet.
Reminded me of Novice days.  Managed 39 states with G0IVZ and N6NDV the best
DX.  I could hear surprisingly well - EA8, 4X, lots of other EU stations who
were often CQing with few takers.  As someone else pointed out, many sixes and
sevens were very loud but they couldn't hear many of the eastern stations
calling them (including me).  Same with the Carribean.  I called NP2S about a
million times but NG.  Must not have had the extremely quiet condx we had.
K6AM tried to pull me through for about 3 minutes but just couldn't quite catch
my info.  Thanks for trying so hard!