[3830] CQ160 CW W4NF SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4NF SO HP
From: w4nf@aol.com (w4nf@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:31:31 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: SO HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

QSOs: 423  States/Provinces: 47  Countries: 26  Score: 82,198

Comments:

Boy is this band crowded during a contest.  Part time effort and worked some
new ones on Top Band including ZC4 (who called me) and C4A thru the pile up.  I
had several European stations call me while I was running which is also a
first.  Saturday night was the best with multiple Eu stations on with good
signals.  Never could work 4X3A.  Equipment: FT 1000MP, Alpha 374A (1100 W),
500' unterminated beverage NE/SW, 1/4 WL inverted L with 64 ground radials.
I'm going to terminate the beverage towards the NE as the L heard better most
of the time.  73 and CU in the next contest.  W4NF