[3830] CQ160 CW K7OX Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7OX Multi HP
From: k7ox@pipeline.com (k7ox@pipeline.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:05:17 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7OX
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: Multi HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs):

QSOs: 536  States/Provinces: 54  Countries: 15  Score: 105,432

Comments:

Just moved into new QTH after having moving from AZ. First contest from WA
which sure is different from southern AZ. No Europeans, never even heard one.
One thing I didn't count on was that my balloon vertical would ice up, both the
balloon and the 130 ft wire.  This happened both nights about 4 AM in the
morning and resulted in the the ant coming down in the trees.  Had to go out,
wipe the ant wire and balloon with soft cloth to get rid of the frost/ice and
let the balloon rise again. Not to mention, have about 18 inches of crusted
snow out in the back of the house.  Didn't have this problem in AZ even though
we used bascily the same antenna at N7KQ's QTH @ 6800 ft in Northern AZ and
snow on the ground.  Next year will have to get a bigger balloon and more
helium and see if that helps.  Nice to work old friends, who didn't know I had
moved and several times sent me  WA ???