[3830] JIDX LF KH2V(JA8RWU) SOSB/40 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] JIDX LF KH2V(JA8RWU) SOSB/40 LP
From: asai@epmail.hepco.co.jp (asai@epmail.hepco.co.jp)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 23:01:42 -0500 (EST)
                     JA Int. DX Contest - LF CW

Call: KH2V
Operator(s): JA8RWU
Station: @OKURA HOTEL

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Guam
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:    231     41
----------------------
Total:    231     41  =  9,471

Club/Team:

Comments:

My first contest in 21st century was from a DX.
This was the 7th visits to Guam since '89.
I saw many changes and new constructions on the hotel road after
the last visit in '97, even less JA tourists and no good economy there.
Also saw many signs of "for sale" and "for rent".
Now it's good time to buy, guys!

This was a family trip on vacation, so my time was limited and I only
brought a small radio(IC706), fishing rods, some wires and no PC.
It's been a while only to use papers and a pencil for a contest.

I had local QRN & very bad 59++SSB!QRM from Southeast Asia.
It was very tough to copy thru such bad noises and I was forced to
QSY, but it was always difficult to find a clear spot(not a good
fishing spot!).

During the test I also enjoyed some DX QSOs and managed to copy
my friend K6III(aka a host for K6A@WRTC'96), Jerry running
5-watts QRP with a dipole. I am glad to give him a KH2 and let him
know I have ears :-)

I hope to work for a serious DX effort in near future.

73 Akira JA8RWU / KH2V