[3830] NA Sprint CW K2UA HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K2UA HP
From: k2ua@arrl.net (k2ua@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:56:21 -0500 (EST)
                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: K2UA
Operator:
Station:

Power: HP
QTH: NY

   80:    100   1:13
   40:    116   1:28
   20:     92   1:17
----------------------
Total:    308 Qs   46 Mults =  14,168

Club/Team: YCCC

Comments:

20 was very long at the beginning, and only got longer By the end of the first
hour, my skip zone was more than 1000 miles. The Sprint would have needed to
start an hour earlier for any sort of decent conditions on 20--it *really*
sucked from here. Good thing there's so much West Coast activity in this
contest. 40 was much better, and 80 was really excellent. I didn't want the
contest to end!

I didn't really pay attention to the second radio this time around, and it
didn't hurt me--I made a personal best in score, Qs and mults. It is really
thrilling to break 300 QSOs for the first time! It's also nice to break the
20-1/2-year-old NY record.

Can't wait for the next one! The Sprint is my favorite contest!