[3830] ARRLDX CW K4OGG SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4OGG SOAB LP
From: jpryor@arches.uga.edu (jpryor@arches.uga.edu)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:21:49 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4OGG
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:     15     14
   80:     80     39
   40:    208     58
   20:    552     69
   15:    550     67
   10:    512     70
----------------------
Total:   1917    317  =  1,823,067

Club: SECC

Comments:

Started the contest under a tornado warning. Lightning came later and made me
lose an hour of operating.  Wind blew down the horizontal support for the
inverted "L" on 160.  It was surprising in hindsight that, not knowing the
antenna was down, I made 14Qs and 13 Mults on 160 the first night.  But missing
some of the EU stations with good signals hurt the score total.

Nice openings to EU on 20M at 1000Z, with highest rate at 1200 each day.

First effective use of 2R, picking up 13 new mults on other bands.

My apologies to all the stations that received my "AGN" or "?" on Sunday
afternoon.  I have not yet learned to concentrate well enough under sleep
depravation.

FT-1000MP, FT-900
160M - what used to be an inverted "L"
80M - CF dipole at 80'