[3830] ARRLDX CW W6XR SOAB(A) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W6XR SOAB(A) HP
From: natan@twcrr.ny.com (natan@twcrr.ny.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:20:46 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W6XR
Operator(s):
Station: W6XR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:     93     52
   80:    100     54
   40:    393     82
   20:    370     85
   15:    470     94
   10:    506     94
----------------------
Total:   1932    461  =  2,671,956

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Obviously great conditions for the weekend with superb propogation on all
bands.  The low bands were exceptional for this time of the sunspot cycle.  We
had high winds on Friday night that destroyed the feedline on my 20/15/10 stack
so used a ground mounted vertical instead of the disabled array.  This
experience sure made me appreciate the gain of the stack even more.  Using the
vertical made it difficult to copy many calls hence the need for a lot of
repeats.

160 was a high point as significant changes were made to the 1/4 wave monopole
that seemed to make noticeable differences with the antenna.  Have never done
as well on 160 since moving back to the right coast.

Other than cables pulling apart and rotors that did not turn, it was a great
weekend.

73

Natan W6XR