[3830] ARRLDX CW WP2Z SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WP2Z SOAB HP
From: k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:52:14 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WP2Z
Operator(s): K8CC, K9TM, K6LA
Station: WP2Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VI
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    436     51
   80:    781     57
   40:   1081     59
   20:   1256     59
   15:   1439     59
   10:   1563     59
----------------------
Total:   6556    344  =  6,765,792

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Our first visit to the Windwood QTH - what a great place!

Spent all day Thursday before the contest repairing coaxes and erecting low
band antennas, however everything was QRV by Friday.

The contest went well with the expected ebbs and flows of rate.  However Sunday
morning was very poor.  From 12Z-18Z we averaged less than 50/hr between the
two radios combined!

Our thanks to Loren Woodman and the support staff for the Windwood Estate for
their assistance.  (Hint for going to Windwood: order a rental car WELL in
advance).