[3830] ARRLDX CW K2DM SOAB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2DM SOAB QRP
From: k2dm@att.net (k2dm@att.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:14:37 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2DM
Operator(s): K2DM
Station: K2DM

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:     12     10
   80:     57     32
   40:    209     58
   20:    380     66
   15:    358     69
   10:    416     65
----------------------
Total:   1432    300  =  1,287,900

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This QRP stuff is amazing.  After a while I forgot that I was only
running 5 watts.  Generally I could hold a frequency for runs on the
high bands, and I was able to bust a few pileups while S&Ping that I
had no business jumping into in the first place.  Attitude seems to be
everything:  act loud and you are loud.  Worked a number of
stations on 6 bands.  Biggest disappointment was that I couldn't even
get a QRZ out of Europe on 160M Friday night, despite how loud those
guys were.