[3830] CQ160 CW K7OX Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7OX Multi HP
From: k7ox at pipeline.com (k7ox@pipeline.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 20:32:14 2001
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7OX
Operator(s): (PACKET)
Station:

Class: Multi HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs):

QSOs: 453  States/Provinces: 53  Countries: 5  Score: 60,378

Comments:

Had snow static and heavy QRN first night and band did no even open up till
after 4PM local time. I worked my first station at 0015 UTC, not good and it
just went down the tube from there.  Second night didn't bother to get on till
dark and was greeted with more of the same, heavy QRN and static crashes almost
all night.  I used packet to see what was on the band as this is a new QTH for
me and wanted to see what I could hear, no much in the way of DX.  You know it
is bad when you don't even hear a KH6, did work 3 KL7's though. The first night
I spent a lot of time calling P49V and never worked him.  The second night he
answered my CQ.  Thanks for all the Q's and see you next season with better set
up.