[3830] ARRLDX SSB W5PR SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W5PR SOSB/10 HP
From: cdietz@swbell.net (cdietz@swbell.net)
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:35:51 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W5PR
Operator(s): W5PR
Station: W5PR

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   1715    122
----------------------
Total:   1715    122  =  627,690

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Murphy was with me this time!  My IC-775 and DVK both died just before the
contest so I went to the IC-756Pro.  At least it had a voice keyer.  Then, CT
would not work with the 756 just AFTER the contest started.  It kept throwing
me onto 20 meters.  Finally I figured out to change the baud rate to 1200 and
it worked.  I probably could have disconnected the computer from the xcvr, but
didn't think of that.  Then the 756 started shutting down and reloading.  It
always seemed to happen in the middle of a Q.  Finally I shut down and made up
a new line to the power supply.  After that, things went along OK.