[3830] ARRL SSB DX VO1MP HP-SO-AB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SSB DX VO1MP HP-SO-AB
From: gussam@newcomm.net (Gus Samuelson)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:33:48 -0330
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2001

      Call:      VO1MP
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     Low Power/High Power
      Band:      All Band
      Mode:      SSB
      Section:   NL

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        1        3   3.0        1
       80      162      486   3.0       58
       40      123      369   3.0       56
       20      292      876   3.0       75
       15      406     1218   3.0       95
       10      540     1620   3.0      107
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1524     4572   3.0   392  =  1,792,224  - 30 hours

All reports sent were 59 Nf

Equipment Description: KWDs 930 & 950 SB 220 -( Part Time )
160 Meter -  80  meter dipole
80 Meter  - Dipole
40/20/15  - 40 Meter dipole @ 20 ft
10 Meter  - 4 el yagi @ 30 ft.

Soap:
Conditions were good but not as good as for the CW  Contest
only managed 1 qso on 160 - OM7M -  For the only 6 bander
had lots of five banders. But then agn I don't have a REAL ant for top band
!

Actually started the contest in low power mode but with lousy
antennas  and no 20 Meter or 15 Meter Beam, I concluded  that I'm neither a
stoic or
a masochist and resorted to the Amp.

Tough to get runs going on any band, 10 meters was open very
early both days but every body seemed to be on 15 .
 I guess the High A index  brought lots of
absorption and too many holes in the propagation. Although I did
manage a 140 hour on 15 with my 40 meter wire !
Spent most of my time in S & P mode due to antenna situation.
There were several other VOs on so I guess we were not hard
to get as mults, this time. Hope the weather abates, so I can get
some antenna work done in time for WPX at end of month.
Maybe there's a silver lining in this Bad antenna cloud ,
in as much as it was not an intense/serious effort I did
manage to get some snooze time !
See y'all next one GLWCDR !!

GUS VO1MP

Gus Samuelson