[3830] ARRLDX SSB N7DF SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N7DF SOSB/10 HP
From: n7df@netmdc.com (n7df@netmdc.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:04:03 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N7DF
Operator(s): N7DF
Station: N7DF

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   1630    121
----------------------
Total:   1630    121  =  591,690

Club:

Comments:

Conditions were significantly different from last year.  The band openings to
Europe were much later and generally shorter.  An exception to this was a
skewed opening that took place from about 1700 to well after 2300 over the
North Pole. After the contest I had a ragchew with a GM at 0030Z. The results
showed a dominance of JA QSOs over European this year. Last year there were
many more DL and OK stations in the log.  Also a lot more VK/ZL activity this
year.  I lost several multipliers because east coast stations with 40 to 50
over S-9 signals kept my receiever desensed so much of the time that I couldn't
copy them.
One incident with a K2 blatently trying to take away my running frequency on
Sunday was rather upsetting.  Fortunately the European stations were mostly
stronger than him and I was able to keep a rate of over 85 going even with his
deliberate QRM.  He finally gave up and went away after about 30 minutes.
I plan on some changes in the antenna configuration for next year.  My high
antenna has too low an angle and is impacting the mountain range to the NE.
I'll lower it about a wavelength to get a couple more degrees of elevation.
Another antenna at one wavelength high is planned to get better results toward
the Carribean.  Some additional phasing systems will also be tried.
Thanks for all the QSOs guys!!!
73
Larry