[3830] ARRLDX SSB AE9B M/2 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AE9B M/2 HP
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (tombaugh@discoverynet.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:53:15 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AE9B
Operator(s): AE9B, NW0L, K0OU
Station: AE9B

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     14     12
   80:     58     40
   40:    176     67
   20:    556    102
   15:    896    118
   10:    903    117
----------------------
Total:   2604    456  =  3,560,904

Club: SMC West

Comments:

First contest operation with these guys. A second tribander was mounted on a
boom truck at 50 feet, a temporary 160/80 M Vertical, Force 12 C4SXL, C3S,
1000MP'S, two KW Amps, Dunestars, Writelog. Marty NW0L has made a web page
about our planning etc makes interesting reading. He and I are relatively new
ops compared with K0OU who is a Veteran contester especially at CW. One thing
we did have was commitment. Conditions here were good the first night/first
morning,bad the second night/second morning and finally picked back up near the
end of the contest. Storms down south killed us on the low bands. We entered
this contest with some goals and exceeded them with the exception on # of Q's.
We could have done that easily if conditions were improved. Proud as hell to
operate with these two guys... "real competitors" if you're going to do it...
I hope we can expand the pool and improve the conditions here in the center of
the US. Society of Midwest Contesters West Branch First Effort. New members
Welcome. For info on our effort see the Web Page
http://home.kc.rr.com/nw0l/contest
AE9B Contest

Thanks for the "Q's" and keep those pileups coming.