[3830] BARTG RTTY - ZC4DW - 15m SOSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] BARTG RTTY - ZC4DW - 15m SOSB
From: dez@cytanet.com.cy (Dez)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 05:33:39 +0200
BARTG RTTY Contest

Call used: ZC4DW

Location:  Ayios Nikolaos,  Eastern SBA

Entry Class: Single Op, Single Band

Band    QSOs   Pts      Dist            DX      Cont
80         0              0             0       0        0
40         0              0             0       0        0
20         0              0             0       0        0
15       565     562            25      59               6
10         0              0             0       0        0
-----    ----   ----    ----    ----    ----
Total    565    562     25      59       6

Claimed Score: 283248

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5

Transceiver: FT-1000mp MK-V

Antenna: 21 MHz ground-plane homebrew

Power Output: 100w

Club Participation: Chiltern DX Club - CDXC

Comments:

Always a great contest, with plenty of stations to work
even single-band. However, I had to sweat until the penultimate
QSO for that elusive African multiplier to give that 6th continental
mult.

Day 1 turned into a disaster area; mostly due to over indulgence
in the Cypriot brandy the night before. Needless to say, I spent most
of Saturday QRT in the bathroom, generally feeling unwell.

Sunday however, proved a much better day at the radio. Highlights
were being called by VK9NS for an all-time new one. Some of the W's were
weak and I'm surprised they copied my 100w to a gp.

When 15m was really buzzing, the only way forward was to work split,
but why did 90% of callers all TX exactly 1 KHz up? Others who were away
from the rabble got worked much quicker.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and making it an enjoyable BARTG RTTY.

QSL via:

Dez Watson
C.A.O.
JSSU (AN)