[3830] WPX SSB KX8R(K8DX) SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KX8R(K8DX) SOAB LP
From: k8dx@raex.com (k8dx@raex.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:43:40 -0500 (EST)
                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: KX8R
Operator(s): K8DX
Station: K8DX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

  160:      4
   80:    134
   40:     72
   20:    601
   15:    706
   10:    609
-------------------------------
Total:   2126 x    826  =  4,465,356

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I must have been crazy to do this thing low power.  What a difference it it
with the amps turned off!  I felt like the skinny kid at the beach getting sand

kicked in his face all weekend!  Not used to have to wait for seven calls to
work a EA3 :-(  Had times that I felt loud, then a few minutes later I was
getting pushed around again.  Might have been able to squek out a few hundered
more Q's with better offtime management.  I wish I this was the weekend for the
CW contest.  Started the contest with a bad cough, and went through two bags of
cough drops.  Head still hurts from screaming KX ***EIGHT*** R.  Everyone
thought I was KX3R.  That didn't happen last year when I ran high power :-)

73...Scott K8DX