[3830] WPX SSB LZ8T(LZ2CJ) SOSB80 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB LZ8T(LZ2CJ) SOSB80 HP
From: wally@el-soft.com (wally@el-soft.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:05:12 -0500 (EST)
                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: LZ8T
Operator(s): LZ2CJ
Station: LZ2CJ

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Pleven
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:    778
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    778 x    386  =  706,380

Club:

Comments:

This was planned to be SOSB 10m effort. Due to other commitments though I had
to stay at home and the only antenna I have in the city is 80m slooping Delta
Loop. So,the band was chosen, but then came the TVI problems.Because of the TVI
I had to operate for at least 10 hours with just 100W and even have had a
chance to go for a dinner with LZ2FV family on Saturday night :-(((.(Never
again a serious effort from the city location).Conditions were good but there
was not too much activity. US guys told me I was 20db over S9 there around
03.50Z both mornings, but just a few takers. I wonder if any of you could tell
me what is HC8A antenna on 80m. He was 59 plus 35db here, one hour after our
sunrise !!! Over 80% were EU QSOs.Made 190 QSOs for first two hours with over
100 during  the first hour. The rest took a lot of calling :-))). We'll be
installing a second vertical (80/160) at my country side location for CW part.
Look for LZ2FV operating LZ8T in WPX CW.

73's de Wally

Equipment used - FT 847, ACOM 2000 A , Single Delta Loop for 80m