[3830] WPX SSB NT1N SO(TS)AB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NT1N SO(TS)AB HP
From: nt1n@arrl.org (nt1n@arrl.org)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:29:51 -0500 (EST)
                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: NT1N
Operator(s): NT1N
Station: NT1N

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:      9
   80:     28
   40:     41
   20:    953
   15:   1002
   10:    949
-------------------------------
Total:   2982 x   1007  =  7,601,843

Club: YCCC

Comments:

I started this one with the philosophy that I could quit when the suckage got
too bad.  Actually getting a run going on 20 meant that I might be competitive
so I stuck with it.  Then I reached that point where the investment was already
enough that I must put in a good effort so as not to waste the previous day's
effort.

But there were some really great "moments in propagation" with the fantastic 15
meter conditions Saturday night local and working hundreds of JAs and other
Asians and the long path QSOs.  I always have really liked this contest for the
great DX that can be worked.

My 80m antenna fell out of the tree so I used the 160 dipole there to literally
kill time--it didn't work very well, so I missed working the states on 80 which
I usually find very productive.

Boy 10 was strange.  I anticipated just sitting on ten and working stations for
about 16 hours but that wasn't to be.  Interesting hearing the UA9s and UNs at
S9 for hours yet barely copying the DLs and OKs!

TS930s and Alpha 87A to C3S on roof and 40 and 160 dipoles in the trees.

73, Dave, NT1N