[3830] RU-DX HA1AG SOAB/CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RU-DX HA1AG SOAB/CW HP
From: ha1ag@compuserve.com (Zoli Pitman HA1AG)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:33:43 +0200
                      RUSSIAN DX CONTEST -- 2001

      Call:      HA1AG
      Category:  Single Op / All Band / CW only
      Power:     High Power
      SO2R:      No
      Country:   Hungary

      Score:     4.921.000

      BAND     QSO    POINTS  COUNTRIES   OBLASTS
      160       98                24        23
       80      192                31        47
       40      292                36        54
       20      308                41        64
       15      253                30        59
       10      265                46        45
     Totals   1408     9842      207       283

Equipment: FT1000MP, Home made amps (1xGU43B)

Antennas:  Verticals (160-40); 5 ele Yagis (20-10)

Club Affiliation: LDXG (Lithuaninan DX Group)

Comments: 1, 2nd radio broke after 2 hours -> no SO2R
          2, Without SO2R, noone can win here
          3, Antennas are good for DX but not for RUDX
          4, Activity is great but when will it reach that of the
             old CQ-MIR's ??
          5, Writelog still sucks, and the CTY.DAT provided by the Russians
             for CT nulls out oblasts code from the bin files. All have
             to be retyped. $%^&*!!!
          6, I witnessed several abuses (Single ops with more than
             one operators). I'm curious how the CC wants to handle this.
          7, Congrats to LY6M (LY1DS) for his great performance.

MAILING ADDRESS: Zoli Pitman, Somogyi Bela ut 18, Gyor 9024, Hungary