[3830] WPX SSB W6XR M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W6XR M/S HP
From: w6XR@QTH.COM (w6XR@QTH.COM)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:28:26 -0500 (EST)
                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): N2AU, N2VR, W2AD, W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:      7
   80:    129
   40:     91
   20:    743
   15:    902
   10:    681
-------------------------------
Total:   2553 x    978  =  6,490,008

Club: FRC

Comments:

This was a very difficult contest for us!  We were handicapped by the
propogation as a combination of high absorption on the polar path and
incredible aurora noise masked most signals.  Compounding our woes was the snow
static all weekend as Spring is still just a hope for us in upstate NY.

Worked many more USA stations this year compared to past years which I suspect
is due to the propogation.  From here, it was almost as if we were well onto
the slope of declining sunspot cycle propogation.  This year I've noticed 10
meters exhibiting its summertime face much earlier than last year.

Now it's time to regroup, put up more antennas and solve some problems as this
years contest year is finally over.  Sincere thanks to all who worked us during
the season.

73

Natan W6XR