[3830] NA Sprint CW W6YX HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W6YX HP
From: mikeh@airflash.com (Mike Heideman)
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:45:52 -0700
                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: W6YX
Operator: N7MH
Station:

Class: HP
QTH: CA

   80:     42
   40:    110
   20:    119
----------------------
Total:    271     45  =  12,195

Club/Team: NCCC #2

Equipment:
Yaesu FT1000MP, FT1000MP-Mark V, ICOM IC761, TR-Log 6.53
80M inverted vee @ 60'
40M 4 el KLM @ 60'
20M 6 el KLM @ 60'

Comments:
I was going through old logs and realized that I never reported this
one.  I tried to do SO2R for the first time, but wasn't too successful
since only one of the rigs was interfaced.  Trying to deal with two
keyboards and monitors was just too much in addition to listening to
different signals with each ear.  The log makes it look like I made 110
second-radio Qs, but what happened in actuality was that one rig was
used for 20 and 80 and the other rig for 40.

We've recently interfaced a second rig, so for next Sprint I can use a
single monitor and keyboard and try out all the nifty SO2R features of
TR-Log.

I was mildly annoyed when I heard a station calling "CQ NA" or just CQ
and then stopping in mid-CQ without sending a callsign.  I sent a "?",
but no response.  I listened for several rounds of this until finally a
call was sent... N6TR, king of SO2R.  Tree must have been repeating an
exchange on his other radio or finding other stations to call there.
Once all the rest of us are doing SO2R then Tree's score will be lowered
because he will have to stand by listening to all of our abandoned CQs.
:-)

-Mike, N7MH