[3830] WPX CW KG1D(K1KI) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KG1D(K1KI) SOAB HP
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (frenaye@pcnet.com)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 10:28:19 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: KG1D
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

  160:      0
   80:    113
   40:    643
   20:    848
   15:   1127
   10:    311
-------------------------------
Total:   3042 x    843  =  7,965,507

Club: YCCC

Comments:

First attempt with a real SO2R setup.  Finally got used to it after the first
12 hours.

Last WPX CW single op was 20 years ago when my hand-written log was
reclassified as a checklog because I didn't use the right forms.  This one was
more fun than I expected - great conditions and lots of QSOs.

Best decision I made was to concentrate on 40/80 the first night.  Spent some
time in the rain on Friday afternoon adding radials to my 80m verticals and
ignored the mosquitoes...

Still unsure about offtime strategy.  Slept 2.5 hours the first night, 3.5 the
second and alternated an hour on, and hour off, during the last 8 hours, more
or less.