[3830] WPX CW N3RS SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N3RS SOAB HP
From: n3rs@snip.net (n3rs@snip.net)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 15:19:29 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:      1
   80:     15
   40:    513
   20:    704
   15:   1045
   10:    302
-------------------------------
Total:   2580 x    753  =  5,698,704

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first attempt at SOAB HP in this contest.  It is really different
than most of the winter/fall contests as far as propagation is concerned!  We
had heavy rains and thunder storms from the start until early Sunday morning.
QRN on 80 and 40 meters was terrible.  Had to resort to using beverages on 40M
due to rain static on the high 40M yagi and generally high QRN from the storms.
 Made only the few 80M contacts on Saturday evening and the majority of 40M
QSO's late Saturday/early Sunday due to the noise.

This is really a fun contest and I now appreciate the usefullness of an
unusual/rare prefix.  Perhaps next year I'll try to borrow another call to
attract more attention.  No rig problems and the antennas seemed to work as
usual.  Just the op getting a bit slower and less capable.  Congrats to those
with the huge scores.  I'll try to do better next year.