[3830] RAC CanDay KA6BIM MS/AB/HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RAC CanDay KA6BIM MS/AB/HP
From: dtucker@inreach.com (dtucker)
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 09:20:35 -0700
x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Sender: owner-3830@contesting.com

Congrats to Dave VE2ZP and Bob VE3KZ for their fine scores!  I decided
to try the new class of Multi Single, to smoke test the station setup.
We finally got the CT network up and running!!!!  Not a lot of mults to
keep the second radio busy, but good
one to start with.  My contest partner and alter ego is Dave, NT6K (yes
that does make it easy, whenever anyone calls us by name) had a great
time as always.  Thanks RAC, you put on a great friendly contest.

Conditions were down a bit from last year, harder both on 160, and our
favorite band, ten, was absolutely flat.  The only Q's we got there were
due to pure horsepower, (Alpha 87 and KT34XA)  Seemed like overall
participation was up though.  Frustrating as always to listen to our
friends work each other on 40, but not listen up where US stations can
transmit.  I have to improve on moving stations for mults. We beat my
last year SOAB score, worked more stations but multipliers were down
just a little.  Almost made up for lack of mults on 10 on the other
bands.  160 was strange, Ve2 and Ve3 were easier than VE5, 6 &7.  20 was
open all night, still hearing VO1 at 3:30 AM Local.

Dave and I will be operating the IARU as the special event station for
the Region 2 multiplier, W6ROD.  We will have the ten meter SSB station.
(hopefully conditions will be a little (LOT!!) better than this weekend
was)    see info at :   http://www.nccc.cc/w6rod.html

If we don't hear you there,  then we will catch you next season....
Dave KA6BIM

Summary
KA6BIM

Multi Single